It's easy to change your password!
If you're an individual subscriber who did not subscribe as part of your school, library, company, sewing club or other large organization:
- Click the "Account" button on the top of most pages. This will take you to your personal Welcome page.
- Scroll down a little and, under Membership Management, click "Edit Profile".
- Enter your current password, then enter your new password, twice. This makes sure you don't accidentally misspell the new password.
- Scroll down and click "Save all changes".
If you're a Free Member:
- Follow the instructions, above.
If you registered with a code as a member of your school, library, company, sewing club or other large organization:
- First, you need to logout by clicking the "Logout" button on the top of most pages. You'll know you logged out successfully, if now you see a "Login" button on the top of the page.
- Click the "Login" button
- Enter your username or email address. If you've got multiple email addresses, make sure to use the one you used when you first registered.
- Click "Get New Password". You'll see a message saying "Check your email for the confirmation link."
- Go to your email program and look for an email from University of Fashion. Within the email, look for the words, "To reset your password, visit the following address," then click the long link following it. A small window will appear. The small window will start by saying: Enter your new password."
- Look under "New Password" on the small window, above. You'll see that we've automatically provided you with a strong password. If you like the password we created for you, click the "Reset Password" button on the bottom of the window. But, if you want to change the password we provided for you, just replace it with your preferred password, making sure your password has at least 6 numbers and/or characters. Then, click the "Reset Password" button on the bottom of the window.
- You've successfully changed your password if you see a new window that says, "Your password has been reset."
Click the "Contact" menu at the top of most pages and write us. It will really help if you provide the text of any error messages you receive.
Posted in: General Questions