You cannot change your username except by creating a new account. If you've forgotten or want to change your username, though, just write us and give us the new username you'd prefer. We'll work with you to cancel your current account and create a new account with the new username.
However, you can easily change your password. In fact, we encourage you to do this regularly to assure the security of your account. Here's how to do it!
If you're an individual subscriber who did not subscribe as part of your school, library, company, sewing club or other large organization:
If you're currently logged in
- Click the "Account" button at the top of most pages. This will take you to your personal welcome page.
- Scroll down a little and, under Membership Management, click "Edit Profile".
- Enter your current password, then enter your new password, twice. This makes sure you don't accidentally misspell the new password.
- Scroll down and click "Save all changes".
If you're not logged in
- Go to UniversityofFashion.com then click "Login" at the top
- Enter your username and click "Forgot Password."
- You will be taken to a page that says "Please enter your username or email address." Simply enter your username and then click "Get New Password".
- In a moment, you will receive a temporary password by email. Use that password to log in to the site. If you want to change your temporary password, just follow the instructions, above, under "If you're currently logged in"
If you're a Free Member:
Follow the instructions, above, for individual subscribers
If you registered with a code as a member of your school, library, company, sewing club or other large organization:
- First, you need to logout by clicking the "Logout" button at the top of most pages. You'll know you logged out successfully, if now you see a "Login" button on the top of the page.
- Click the "Login" button
- Enter your username or email address. If you've got multiple email addresses, make sure to use the one you used when you first registered.
- Click "Get New Password". You'll see a message saying "Check your email for the confirmation link."
- Go to your email program and look for an email from University of Fashion. Within the email, look for the words, "To reset your password, visit the following address," then click the long link following it. A small window will appear. The small window will start by saying: Enter your new password."
- Look under "New Password" on the small window, above. You'll see that we've automatically provided you with a strong password. If you like the password we created for you, click the "Reset Password" button on the bottom of the window. If you want to change the password we provided for you, just replace it with your preferred password, making sure your password has at least 6 numbers and/or characters. Then, click the "Reset Password" button at the bottom of the window.
- You've successfully changed your password if you see a new window that says, "Your password has been reset."
Click the "Contact" menu at the top of most pages and write us. It will really help if you provide us with the text of any error messages you receive.
Posted in: Security